Little Lady and Papa Swabey usually turn their noses up at hummus as a concept, but Papa Swabey was grudgingly complimentary about this one. And Baby Swabey was positively enthusiastic (plus I like it), so here goes…
It’s another Jamie recipe [here], but I have halved the ingredients, because that’s plenty for a family lunch or to take on a picnic. If you’re having a party, just double the amounts.
- 400g can of chickpeas (reserve the liquid and a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 2 tsp tahini
- a garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp crushed sea salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- paprika (optional)
- coriander or parsley leaves (optional)
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add the olive oil, tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and three tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish and drizzle with some more olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves, for colour.